Thursday, October 05, 2006

True dat

From Fr. Stan's Oct. 5 message:

St. Faustina is right-in-there in the “big leagues” with little t and francesco. In the amazing #303 of her diary she says:

Great love can change small things into great ones, and it is only love, which lends value to our actions. And the purer our love becomes, the less there will be within us for the flames of suffering to feed upon, and the suffering will become a delight! By the grace of God I have received such a disposition of heart that I am never so happy as when I suffer for Jesus, whom I love with every beat of my heart.

The source of this unfathomable abyss is the God of mercy who is rich in mercy, who “out of the great love with which he loved us, even when were dead in our sins, made us alive together with Christ (Ephesians 2:4-5). I pray that Francesco, little t, faustina and jp will pray for us that as they did their part, Christ will teach us ours.
Blessed Mother Theresa certainly did her part and advised us along the same lines: “Do not seek great things, but do everything with great love.”

No comments: